Thursday, October 10, 2013

Leaving today/Meeting. (Day 10)

Nothing much going on except groups. There is to be a meeting today at 2:30 with my mom and possibly K. He's not too thrilled about coming. In fact, he hasn't even said he will. He just mumbled and hemmed and hawed at me. Apparently, going to his mother's is much more important. The dr's want him there as support and to make sure people will be around me to keep me safe, I guess. We shall see what happens. Off to another group....

Edit: I had the meeting. K was there. I was so happy he showed up. The meeting wasn't as bad as I thought. Mostly getting my mom and K to understand just what mania is and how I was when I was admitted. How they could many catch the symptoms before they get too bad. I still don't see how they could do this as a lot of them are part of my normal personality! An example that was brought up was before I went inpatient, I was out at K-Mart with K. We were in the camping section. I stared, way down the isle. I threw my arms out and exclaimed, "BUY ME A THERMOS!!" He actually went and looked at the price! My mom said that she wouldn't have thought twice because this is just my personality. K also said that I also seem more manic when I asked to use his laptop more often to post on this blog. (Of course, how do you know? I'm typing on it right now!) I was prescribed about a week's worth of various drugs, none of which are new to me so I don't understand that, but I picked them up anyway. The only thing that is new is the double dose of Zyprexa and I have plenty of that left over from when I was picking up the double dose but only taking the single several months back. One thing I don't understand is that my diagnosis at discharge was bipolar 297.7 which is just "bipolar unspecified", when they specifically said I had "bipolar manic". One of the doctors said maybe one sign of mania for my friends and relatives might be if I start cleaning my room or start a bunch of projects. That wasn't what happened this time. I did blog a lot, though, and somewhere deep inside me I still believe those posts: Somewhere, I still want to buy a computer tablet. They haven't gone away. What I typed is still part of me. Still very much me.

No comments:

Post a Comment