Thursday, November 29, 2012

First Full Day Home. See Therapist Tomorrow.

Today I was up at the same time I was in the hospital, but I lazed around a bit. I called the credit union to clear something up, then called a friend of mine. I played online a bit, then went out for a very nice lunch with one of my best friends. We talked about our childhoods and our childhood homes and schools. The food was so filling. I had a nice piece of cheesecake for dessert, too. In fact, I'm not even hungry again and its been five hours since I finished eating. The conversation really made me feel relaxed. It was nice to discuss happy times from my past and have some things in common with a friend that I thought I knew most things about. All very fitting for a homecoming celebration!

After the kids got home from school, I took Nataleigh and Noah to the grocery store. We were kind of behind in shopping for obvious reasons, so we got quite a few things. It will be nice to get up in the morning and have a yogurt and small bowl of cereal, chicken and cottage cheese for dinner, or whatever it might happen to be at the time.

I got some texts from another friend that were friendly and caring. That was nice, too, especially since I when I was in the hospital I wasn't sure if he was on board with the idea. At least I know he still cares even so.

Tomorrow I see my social worker/therapist. I will have to have an update of what she has to say about the last week. It should be interesting to say the least. Then in about two more weeks, I see my nurse practitioner/psych. doctor. (Basically. She doles out the meds and gives diagnoses, but is overseen by a psychiatrist.) That is what I'm really looking forward to, not only because of the hospital stay, but because of this whole deal about "BPD"- borderline personality disorder. The second doctor (regular psych hospital doctor I saw) asked me what I didn't like about the diagnosis and I said, "Borderline. Personality. Disorder." Exactly. Its like you're teetering on falling off being an okay person or something.

And with that, I'll leave it until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment