Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Anxiety & Guilt

Anxiety is definitely part of being bipolar. It doesn't necessarily have to be overwhelming anxiety, either. It usually turns up as an underlying uneasy feeling. Lots of times, I'll start feeling this way and on top of it, I'll feel guilty. Guilty for not doing enough in my life, or guilty for not cleaning enough, or guilty for not doing enough with my kids.

Sometimes however, it does get bad enough that I need to take Ativan. Sometimes it gets so bad that it takes over my body inside and I can't do anything to get my mind out of repetative negative thinking, or even just not know WHY I'm feeling that way. I just do.

Sometimes, this feeling moves into more intense feelings but for now I'll leave it to the fact that anxiety and guilt often go together and they don't necessarily seem to stem from anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment