Saturday, March 23, 2013

Anti-Psychotic Fatigue- How Long?/ Happy Chat /Six Weeks of Depression

It has been almost two weeks since my Zyprexa has been upped to 10 mg from 5. I'm still tired. Every day, I want go to bed at 5 p.m. and one day I did! I slept all night, too! My friend, who is a behavioral pharmacologist, said that to expect some tiredness from the Zyprexa even as I get used to it. It is designed to sedate you after all! The day I went to bed at 5 p.m. I slept a total of 19 hours that day! What am I- a cat? I know that oversleep contributes to weight gain from Zyprexa so I really try to watch what I eat and NOT sleep during the day. Some days, I just have to give in.

As a side note, I talked on the phone with an old friend last night. It was a fun conversation. I hadn't heard from him since 1998 or so. The circumstances of our talking again, unfortunately, weren't good, as his wife had died in childbirth and the baby is still less than a month old, born at 34 weeks gestation. Technically, he was my ex-husband's friend- a high-school friend, but we hung out when I was first married. He's got a lot going on right now, and I was glad to be a happy distraction with a fun conversation last night. It helped me, too, to be laughing, since the last six weeks or so have been very depressing for me. The last two on the higher Zypexa have been much better, thank goodness, but its still good to laugh! I looked back and I've been dealing with depression for six weeks now. Boy is this getting old! Its slowly getting better, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment