Monday, May 6, 2019

How Have You Been?

One Sunday after church, the priest was saying hello to people as they left through the front door.  I was going another direction but he saw me and said "How have you been?  I haven't seen you in quite a while".  I had no real excuse for missing so much church- I'm in the choir too!  So I blurted out "I've been having a hard time with my bipolar disorder".  That shut him up.  I absolutelt HATE when I say something like that and FRIENDS go "Awwwww...." as if I were a little kid who'd lost their favorite toy.  I've often toyed with the idea of replying to ignorant comments with "I've been okay."  (Lie). [Trigger]Then, "I just got out of the psych hospital because I took 30 Benedryl at once."[/trigger]  That should keep them from asking again!

No comments:

Post a Comment