Monday, May 13, 2019

Saw Psych. Nurse Practitioner

Saw pdoc this morning. She doesn't think I'm at baseline still so she put my seroquel up to 400 and added Haldol 2 mg. She mentioned the hospital but said "you don't want to go there, do you?" Uh... Not unless I HAVE to! So my symptoms are still speedy in general, impatient driving, writing in my blog nearly daily- sometimes 2x/day, still believe what I said about being one with the universe... She said something about being hypomanic after asking if I've had any hallucinations. (No.) Maybe that was just a question. Now Ive forgotten how much Seroquel to take! I have 200s at home but just picked up 300s at the pharmacy. I know it can't be 500...At any rate, she is still trying to "knock me down". She also said that I always teeter on the edge medwise.

ETA: its 300 total Seroquel. I called.

***************

I thought I'd update on how my appointment went this morning. I'm not sure what my nurse practitioner was thinking really but she did say something about hospitalization- then said I probably didn't want that. So she changed my meds- if this doesn't work, I'll have to be hospitalized just to get my meds right- to keep Seroquel the same, Rexulti the same, and add Haldol- a low dose for now. A chemical straightjacket, that's what I'm ingesting! She also commented that I walk a thin line with psych meds in general between what cocktail works and which doesn't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment