Saturday, January 30, 2021

Now Canst Thou Hear

 Now canst thou hear

O all manners of delight
Shaped with bosom near
All brass and bright.

With great nature I adore
What can'tst I bear I ignore
For ether is unveiled
Is surely Day quite revealed?

Longing for to love today,
I mourn and weep- 
Unfound my way.
And in that curse I find myself-
A cry to keep-
Inside, my mirth.

Joy is nigh where great grief waits
All hung above in my fates
And to this life I see
A reflection that is me.

All lost is what I see
A tune that's longing to be free
With joy a distant memory,
I fall into the darkened sea.

Music is a soothing care
Where I follow it near to there
A somber sleep with me does fall
With voices' shadows me do call.

And if I slumber before I dare
To dream up high 
All in the air.

The sun falls down and tells the tale
Of around my mournful fate
To which I cannot escape.

So where the metal horns do sound
A cry!   And wrap around
I hear their great delight
But I am fallen back in time
My mind and self only mine.

A day will come 
When I will pass a weary trodden path
And I will choose which way I go
A hand my own self soothes
And I will come again to this place anew.

No comments:

Post a Comment