Friday, January 1, 2021

New Year's Day - Rene Jacobs and Freezing Rain

 It's 2021!  I'm so glad - like lots of my friends and relatives- to leave 2020 behind.  Good riddance!  This post doesn't have much to do with bipolar- I seem to be doing okay on that front for now-  but just how I'm doing in general.  

It's freezing rain here. Or is it hail? Not sure. Tiny frozen rain it looks like. I can hear it hit the deck and the glass door.

I'm listening to a good CD: Rene Jacobs Airs de Cour.  (348) Laisse-moy soupirer - YouTube I have several of his records. They are from the 1980's I believe. He now conducts as I guess he's gotten old since the 80's - haven't we all?

I've turned the TV off for now. They are playing a Twilight Zone marathon- from yesterday morning to early Monday morning. I've seen a lot of them already.

I've taken some chicken wings out of the freezer for dinner. They are in a freezer baggie in the sink thawing. Going to use my air fryer again, of course! I want to try different things in it, but tonight will be chicken wings again.

I got my stimulus check! Last time, I had to fill out a special form because I hadn't filed taxes- I don't need to- but this time they sent the money without a hitch. It is pending deposit into my checking account but I assume it will fall in by tomorrow some time.

I stayed up until 1:30 reading, even though I went to bed just after midnight. I always seem to read for an hour and a half before I check the time. I wish I had an extension cord for my phone. Right now I have to plug it into the wall and have it sit on the floor. I can still hear the alarm from bed, but it would be nice to be able to pick it up and look at who is calling, texting, etc. My old phone had a speaker on the back/bottom and when it was laying on its back, the sound would be muffled. The speaker on the new version is on the bottom not the back so I can hear it better.

I already got myself a phone and just paid the credit card that I used to buy it so some of that $600 is going toward that. So I guess you can say I bought myself a new phone with some of the stimulus money. What are you going to spend yours on? Or have you already? I just went to pay my gas/electric bill and it says I have a credit from last month and I now owe $-4.43! Hooray!


No comments:

Post a Comment