Monday, January 18, 2021

Paranoia & Turning 49

         About a week and a half ago, I went through several days of paranoia.  The worst was the first day.  I had seen a commercial on tv for "Life Lock".  And I'd seen lots of commercials about identity theft and people getting into your bank account.  So I started changing my passwords to everything, including my online banking.  I did this for quite a while, thinking that someone was after me all the while rushing around, flitting from thing to thing.  I'd worried that the person that had called me that morning was really out to take my information.  After all, I'd given them the last four digits of my social security number!  My address, too, amongst a lot of other things.  Five hours later, I called my mom to tell her about the phone call.  She asked me to give her the number it came from.  She called.  The person who'd called me answered.  She asked him several questions, and he said what his name was.  As luck would have it, I had some paperwork from the case manager that I had supposedly been talking to.  He said what his name was and it matched what I had on the paper, so after I got off the phone, my mom said she believed him and so did Kevin, her husband.

        The next day or so, my psychiatric nurse practitioner called do check up on me.  (Telemedicine as they aren't doing in-person appointments right now.)  I told her about all of the above and she said I should take Haldol 2 mg to my daily 2.5 mg "for intrusive thoughts".  She also said she'd have some people she works with check in on me every day.  This only lasted 2 days before they no longer were calling.  But I have their number so if I feel like I need to talk to them, I can.  I still have an inkling of a worry that that wasn't the case manager calling.  As I've been writing this, I've had two calls from "Natl Pub Radio".  What the heck?!  I haven't done anything with public radio.  I'm not a member and I never call them.  Maybe they are calling people randomly to ask for money?  Maybe its not even public radio!   I didn't answer and they didn't leave a message.

        Well also as I write this, I'm watching the second episode of the first season on All Creatures Great and Small!  I mentioned this a while back when I'd first heard there was going to be a new TV show.  I get it via my TV antenna.  My mom gets PBS through her cable service so she can record the episodes.  I'm also getting my hair cut in 3 days.  I hope it will look good. I have an idea of what I want, but it depends on what my hair dresser thinks, too and this will be the first time I've ever seen her, but she comes highly recommended from my mom, so I'll try it.

    Also, it's not my birthday yet, but this year I will turn 49.  I already feel like I'm 50.  This is going to be a hard one!  I also feel like I've been in my 40's forever, so it's time.  But that's next year.  Right now, I'm still 48.  I was looking at a photo of me with my sister's twin boys on the day they were born.  They just turned 20!  It is a great photo.  



No comments:

Post a Comment