Friday, June 29, 2018

Lithium Toxicity & Delerium

 Just a note to say that I was just in the hospital. My lithium level got too high and I got lithium toxicity and delerium. I was in for 3 days. Let me tell you: all that inactivity in a hospital bed is terrible for you! But Im recovering day-by-day.My brain function was so bad that I told them that the president was Truman!! They had to bring out the crash cart at one point my heart rate was so high and I was shaking so badly. Otherwise it was hospital bed, tv and calling people on the phone all day. Boring! I see my psychiatrist this morning. She called yesterday and applologized profusely for not checking my lithium levels last time she saw me. Nathan's picking me up in about 45 minutes for my appointment as Im still not allowed to drive. Before I went to the hospital i almost hit someone with my car! Noah had to shout for me to stop. At dinner the night we went in i dropped my glass on the kitchen floor and it went shatter! Good thing Nataleigh noticed I wasnt acting right. We first went to the psych ER and was diagnosed with delerium! Then they sent me across the hall to the regular ER. I am feeling better every day but i guess as part of delerium my sleep wake cycle has become disturbed. I hope to get that sorted this morning. I basically cant sleep- am wide awake- but i was exhausted when I got out of the hospital at the same time. A bad combination! 

No comments:

Post a Comment