Thursday, May 10, 2018

Pills vs No Pills


I had a nice day with my kids. I let my 16 yo drive as he just got his permit yesterday. I had Starbucks with my Starbucks buddy. I was telling this buddy about the symptoms I had when I saw my pdoc last. I said one was that I was short-tempered. I gave the example of ripping a CD out of my youngest's hand because I felt he was taking too long. This partly was because I had to pee but partly my hypomanic- impatience in general. There are other examples I gave but because my memory's like a seive, I can't remember them. One of the responses he gave was that I was my real self before my medication was increased.  Where have we heard that before?  Oh yeah: ME!  When I'm manic wanting to be "the real me!"

It seems to me that psychiatrists and psychologists are at odds. The former like to prescribe (or tweak) drugs and the latter do  not, relying on talk therapy. 

I've gotten to know my bipolar brain pretty well so I know when a med change is probably called for.

No comments:

Post a Comment