Thursday, February 2, 2017

Anonymous Before Diagnosis

Three years before I was diagnosed, I had an online affair with a man my father's age. This went on for months. I told myself it was only online not for real. Then, soon after, I got divorced. I started sleeping with many strangers recklessly. I would also talk really quickly and insist that the person listen to my important ideas. You could find me on my bike riding and singing at the top of my lungs. Years later - after diagnosis and meds - I finally met the man I wrote the sex stories with. I was with my then-boyfriend. It was awkward. Nothing like I'd pictured. There was also a man I talked with every day on the phone that I took off to meet. I live in Michigan ; he was in Georgia. After 3 days of my refusing his advances he sent me packing- literally. And there were many one night stands in between as "dates". Some of them unprotected and most of them very anonymous. I'm glad I finally got diagnosed in 2006 and put on Depakote. (And started therapy.) I'm lucky I didn't get into more trouble than I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment