Saturday, January 14, 2017

She thought I was weird

Spent $201 this morning...

...on two new tires for my car. The left front had a nail in it, leaked (ya think?) every 2 or 3 days down to half inflated, I hit a pothole (HARD!) the other day, and the wear indicator in the tire was showing very well. They don't fix them, either! You have to see them coming and go around them (without going into traffic in the other lane of course). Unfortunately, last Sunday or whenever it was, I didn't see that pothole for ANYthing. I banged right into it full speed. It made a noise I don't want to hear again. I thought for sure we were 100% flat. Bent-the-rim flat. But, nope. Tire was okay. A little scraped up maybe. The thing making it flat (slowly) was that nail that was in it, come to find out. The right front was just as worn as the left, but no nails or potholes or leaks. So in I went for new tires. Warranty on them plus a snow-grade version added up to $201 total. Only problem is, I asked them to rotate them; they hadn't. They left the new tires on the front. My friend said that's best because its a front-wheel drive, but my mom's husband said you have to rotate every six months and mine hadn't been in quite a while. I'm conflicted, but I did have them rotated. Cars are expensive. This has something to do with bipolar how? Just about spending money - should I have gone for the cheapest tires? I went for a tiny bit more expensive. I just feel like I should never spend money. I just spent money on shoes for goodness sake! I know the car is safer now especially if it snows. It certainly seemed to handle better on the way home. I did kill the half-hour wait while they fixed it up by walking a few businesses down the street to Starbucks and back. Probably didn't burn the calories I drank, but oh well. I talked with a lady who was doing Tunisian crochet while she waited. It looks like a mix between crochet and knitting. Its very interesting to watch. She told me about it for a bit. I'll have to tell my mom, as she crochets. I was my usual talkative self with her. Conversation with her was fine, but by the end I think she thought I was crazy. I do tend to talk about weird stuff and at a weird pace sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment