Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Rexulti & Zyprexa Dose Changes Again

I talked with her nurse this morning to report how the (total) 2 mg increase since Friday is working. I told her I'd been sleepier but my symptoms have improved. So now I wait for Pdoc to call back and hopefully call in a new script of the new dose as I'll be out of this one (1 mg) soon at the new rate.

I'm waiting for pdoc to call me. I'm beginning to think she won't. (It's 5:35 p.m.) I thought she said to call her nurse this morning and report how I am doing and the nurse would email her and she'd get back to me about my Rexulti. I need my new script in the next few days because I will run out of the other one.

My psych nurse is usually really understanding and nice. Her nurse is usually businesslike and today was no exception. I mean, maybe its just a case of her being slammed today, but tomorrow, I'm calling again and telling them that I'm running out of pills the next day. That's something I didn't realize or tell them today.

January 25: I had an appointment with a doctor at the hospital today. We were looking at my liver because I have fatty liver disease, I think in part from zyprexa. But we went over everything. They did an ultrasound. I was told to eat more fruit and veg., exercise, cut carbs... basically everything I'm already doing. They weighed me and although I've lost weight according to my scale at home, this scale thought my jeans and sweat shirt should be counted too. Above all, they took a detailed medical history, including my premature birth, all my surgeries, my asthma, my drug allergies, etc. But they just finally came up with "You're fat; lose weight". They did blood work- a bunch of it. I don't know the results of my ultrasounds. My primary doctor will get back to me with the results and what to do next.

On the Rexulti front, I called the pharmacy to see if a script had been called in but after being on hold for 20 minutes, it hadn't. My psych dr. hasn't called today again. I'm not sure that she needs to call, but just to get straight what the plan is would be nice. I see her on Monday. (Today is Wednesday.) But tomorrow is my last day of pills and I would go three days without until my appointment.

January 26:My nurse practitioner called back!!!

We switched my appointment to two weeks from now instead of Monday because she switched my dose of Rexulti from 2 mg to 3 mg (I had only been on 2 for a week) and my Zyprexa is down from 12.5 to 10. (Baby steps.) I'm going to go to the pharmacy asap. Gotta go pay bills at my mom's. Have something to eat, too.

I'm so happy now!!!

The pharmacy had to order my Rexulti (guess they didn't have 3mg) so it will be in tomorrow after 2. That's right before I have to get my daughter to take her to the doctor. I'm also having lunch with friends at 12. Whirlwind day. And I'm just home from an intense church choir rehearsal. Sight reading a Haydn mass. I'm beat.

January 27: Picked up new dose of Rexulti and lower dose of zyprexa. We're getting there slowly but surely! I had a sleepless night the night before last, but I am not sure if it was related to Rexulti (happened before the higher dose) or something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment