Sunday, April 7, 2013

Forgetting.... Whaaah?

The last week I have had a serious problem with short-term memory. I'll put my phone in my pocket and immediately forget that I just did this, making me feel confused and then, as I check my other pocket- as, by now I know it has something to do with pockets- I freak out that I've now lost something important. Multiply this times my car keys, where am I driving?- every turn, lane change, car I almost change lanes into- and you now have maybe fifteen minutes of my day today. Is it the bipolar brain doing this? I don't know. I think it might be the increased Zyprexa. Ironic- again! Even if I write myself a note, I could forget as I go to write the note!

A friend, who is also bipolar, had an interesting suggestion: "In my experience, its not that you actually forget, its that you're so distracted by the million other thoughts racing through you mind at the speed of light, that by the time you get back around to needing to know what you did 5 minutes ago, that thought is buried deep in some jumbled mess and its very difficult to retrieve it."

My pdoc just called. Wants me keep track of this type of thing. Says we can't really change my meds so just to keep track of my memory problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment