Friday, October 21, 2016

Psych Nurse Prescribed Me Wellbutrin Today

The first time since going to the hospital, I was seated across from my psych nurse this morning. We talked about the hospital visit of course. I told her about my recent hallucinations- she was not impressed. The more we talked about me lately- unmotivated, sleeping all day, not much enthralls me, sex on Zoloft was a chore- the more she built her case that I'm depressed and we should try an anti-depressant. Not just any, but one unlike Zoloft (which I just went off) and Celexa, both of which have sent me into mania and have side effects in the past. We decided on Wellbutrin - which has a low incidence of sexual and other side effects. She asked me about any history of fainting; we decided there is none. I took my first dose around 11 taken in the morning. By one at lunch with friends, I felt a little dizzy. It passed though. I still feel overwhelmed by daily tasks. I'd rather sit in a sound pod and be surrounded by my favorite music for hours on end.

No comments:

Post a Comment