Friday, October 28, 2016

Doctor's Visit, Choirs, Insomnia, Peter Schreier

I've decided that I'm not in a mixed state. I have a lot going on and that worries me.

I was up all night again last night. I watched Are You Being Served? all night again, too. Its just on my cell phone on Youtube but its good enough. I had the itchies too. I was up in time to go to see my primary doctor this morning for a check up. Lots of questions- including the big one: why did you overdose on all those pills? I just told her what I told people at the time: the pills told me to take them- flu shot, update scripts, etc. Turns out, I lost 12 pounds since I was in the hospital in September. Woah! Maybe its the Wellbutrin, but I've only been on that a week or a little more. My psych nurse's nurse asked me to call about the insomnia. She didn't seem to worried about it if that's the only thing that's bothering me about the new drug.

Yesterday, in choir, I was given a part in a quartet! (Alto) That was a happy thing. Now I need to practice. Its renaissance music, some of my favorite so it shouldn't be too difficult.

Still have Peter Schreier on the CD player. I'm sure my kids think I'll never get sick of it. I was looking up the director, Rudolf Mauersberger and some of the pieces he composed for the choir. (Dresden Kreuzchor.) Since these recordings were made in the late 1940's and early 1950's, the harmonies are the way the lines follow each other are interesting from soloist to choir and back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment