Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Shopping, Working Out, Hallucinating, & Coffee

It's been a few days. Things have been ticking along as usual.

My appetite has been up and down. It's been down quite a bit because of the Topomax- I feel like I only get hungry three times a day instead of every 3 hours-, but it's also been up a bit because I've been working out every other day. I've had more energy on the whole, though the first few times working out I was more tired. I'm getting used to the working out physically and mentally and its like they say: the hardest part is going. So because of working out, my appetite is up a bit, but I can tell the difference between that type of "more hungry" and what Zyprexa had been doing.

I've spent the last two days doing Christmas shopping. That's been fun. There are two things that are in the mail still, but other than that, I think I'm pretty much done. This year will be a good year in terms of "things gotten" for the kids. Nathan came and helped me do a bit of the shopping- eh, he really was a help with what exactly to get, so if he knows what it is early, that's okay. There's one for each of them, too.

Last night, I was too lazy to post, but I had some hallucinations again. They sounded low and whispery. Like a radio was on in the background. Like maybe a car radio was turned almost all the way down- you know, instead of off- and you can't make out what's being said, but you can tell its voices with the buzzing, and the rise and the fall of the pitch- the sudden loud part, then instantly quiet for a bit. They seemed both male and female, on and off, here and there, as if they maybe were having a conversation, or an interview; maybe a meeting of old friends where old times were being rehashed and suddenly something untoward was remembered and the quiet voices start up....

A few days ago I realized something else: I have relationship with coffee that's more than what I thought. For whatever the reason, I had been having coffee more hit-and-miss. Then I decided that I just should stop drinking it- for financial reasons. So began the headache that lasted for days. A nagging, always-there, annoyance that went from the base of my skull, around the front to my forehead, over the top to the tip of my head and just sat. For three days I tried Tylenol and water. No help. I thought I was dehydrated. I can't take any other pain meds because of my blood thinner. I finally called my doctor's office and talked to a nurse. She suggested it might be a coffee-withdrawal headache and to try coffee. If I tried it and it wasn't the coffee but indeed dehydration, I'd be no worse off, really. I tried it. Was gone within half an hour. Woah. Guess I'm stuck on this stuff! My dad said that at that point, I was almost done with the withdrawal from caffeine but maybe if I finally do want to stop drinking coffee, I'll do it gradually. Meanwhile, I had a mocha with half the chocolate and no whip this morning. YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment