Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Saw Psych Dr/Nurse practitioner today

So I saw my psych dr/psych nurse today. She thinks I should stay on the Topomax for various reasons, including that the benefits seem to outweigh the Zyprexa alone, especially the weight side of things. Yay! That is much better than the Saphris, or Zyprexa alone.

She says the intrusive thoughts are a bipolar trait, rather than OCD or borderline personality disorder, and its good that the Topomax is helping with them; this is another major plus.

She also says that she talked with my therapist and they agreed that I do not have borderline personality disorder. Whew! Glad they both agree. She said the drs in the hospital had only known me a week- whereas my psych dr/nurse has known me at least 5 years- and you have to know someone years to be able to accurately diagnose BPD.

1 comment: