Saturday, August 17, 2019

An Unquiet Mind (By Kay Redfield Jamison)

I just finished it. My impressions: She is a remarkable writer- several $15 dollar words that I had to look up! That's unusual for me. She explained things that were in terms I could understand - maybe because Ive got "it", too? Her insistance of calling it "manic depressive illness"; she even goes on to explain why. To me, "manic depression" describes part of it- but there's so much MORE to it. Bipolar tells you there are at least two opposite ends of the disease but leaves room for all the little inbetween bits- such as delusions, hallucinations, and paranoia.  All in all, I loved the book. I have respect for her journey. Likely,  the best memoir I've read about bipolar. I am left with a feeling of hope and maybe I don't "need" to know what's "worse" than what I've already experienced in my life re bipolar.

No comments:

Post a Comment