Saturday, December 31, 2016

Bipolar 2: A Friend's Blog

I belong to a forum about mental health. One of the bulletin boards is dedicated to bipolar. I link to this blog there in my signature. One of the members recently asked if he could link to my blog on his own bipolar blog. Of course, I said "Yes!" Since his has just started, I thought I'd give it some publicity by posting a link on my blog. His deals with bipolar II. It has just started within a week ago, but already there are several posts, as he gets started explaining how it is for him to live with bipolar 2. I have bipolar 1. The main difference between the two is that bipolar 1 has manias whereas bipolar 2 has hypomanias. That is, bipolar 2 never gets manic, just hypomanic. (Bipolar 1 can have both.) They also seem to get the depression end of it a lot more often than those with 1. Me, I get mania several times as much as I do depression.

So enjoy reading about bipolar II. I will, of course, continue updating you about my trials and tribulations with bipolar I.

No comments:

Post a Comment