Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Sidewalk Bending Hallucination / Realization

A few days ago, I went for a walk for about an hour. I had been talking on the phone to a new friend. Just as I decided to go home, I walked up to the sidewalk to the porch of the house. It began to warp! So much so, that I felt unsure of my footing and steadied myself. It moved beneath my feet, bending itself over and over. I realized what was happening and willed it to stop! I took a step up onto the first step of the porch and began to walk again and all was okay, so I went inside.

I am editing to add that today I saw my therapist. We were talking about my hallucinations. Not at first, but after a while, I realize that they are indeed hallucinations, so I do something to make them stop. (After I've had my fill of entertainment that is!) Usually, all it takes is leaving the room I'm in, but in the case here, I mentally willed it to stop and it did. My therapist thought this was great and said that most people can't do this. It doesn't matter if its a visual or auditory hallucination. Of course, after a while, the hallucination will go away on its own without my doing anything to stop it. I am lucky that none of them have scared me. Even the "radio" that was playing jazz music and commanding me to do things didn't scare me.

No comments:

Post a Comment