Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Angel Visions

Do you believe in angels?

I think I sensed and saw some on Sunday. They were big and there were several.

We were outside at St. Andrews church. Nobody else saw them but me. There were clergy members, some of the congregation and the entire choir.

Who knew angels were so big? Immense is a better word. Larger-than-life and gender-less. These had wings. They were a presence among us, as if they were in another plane on top of our reality, but clear as day. There were three or four of them over by the pointy iron gate around the garden among and in front of the congregation members who were hanging behind the gate.

As choir members, we were singing chants in a call-and-response fashion under the overhang over the sidewalk next to the grass. The congregation was still behind the gate that surrounded the garden the clergy was in. The clergy was reading names and swinging incense in the grass of the garden itself.

As the choir was singing, standing there in our black cassocks and white albs, I stopped and was quiet as my friends continued around me. I wondered if any of my friends could see these huge creatures. They were oblivious.

The names had all been read and the chant was over, so we concluded the service, walking back inside the sanctuary to gather our music and books.

No comments:

Post a Comment