Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Going Home Tomorrow (on Day 6), Day 5

Greg Maxwell, music practitioner -has a certificate, not a degree like a music therapist- came to play and sing for us for about an hour. He played The Octopus' Garden- just like my 2nd grade music teacher did. The two that I liked best were You've got a friend and Bridge Over Troubled Water. This was after a nice workout in the gym. I threw hoops and made about 70% of them. Then the six of us played shuffleboard. It was my first time played. Took a bit of coordination, but was fun.

The doctors called me in the conference room and basically said that I was too well and to get out. Ha! Well, actually, they said my thyroid medication was given incorrectly and needs to be straightened out, which I knew already. They said my Topomax can be taken at night not twice a day. They also said they'd talked with my mom on the phone and they will try to get her to come in tomorrow morning for a meeting as they think this will be better for everybody instead of another phone call. They call it a family meeting. They said she said I never tell her how I'm feeling. I probably don't but that's because I figure she won't understand, or I am too sick to really communicate how I'm feeling, or she has been a trigger for how I'm feeling and I feel like getting away from her. So I'm crossing my fingers that this meeting will go well, not only her at the psych unit, but that it will carry over when we're home. (Truth is that I'm afraid of how life will be when I get home. That it will go back to them being mean to me and my kids!!!!) They then said that my med adjustments can be tweaked outpatient and I'm not thinking of harming myself anymore so I am a free bird.

The rabbit has phoned the home store, ordered more Skittles and is mapping the way up the rabbit hole. He has started his climb, and can see the a bit of light. He can see the crumbs from his entry in and stops for a moment to think. Yes. He may be okay with his friends up the hole and his Skittles.

No comments:

Post a Comment