Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Kick in the Gut

Oh my gosh!

The doctor just called me in a conference room. He started by asking me about this blog. He asked about a typical post so I replied, "I Am An Alien Castrato". Hahahaha... When the laughing died down, he asked me if I've ever heard of borderline personality disorder. He said I have difficulty dealing with things. He said the dissociations and wanting to cut myself are part of that and NOT of bipolar! Once I looked sufficiently ashen and told him I certainly did NOT have "THAT", he said I just had inklings of it and I should see my therapist and my DBT group about it.

I am just floored.

He did say its a brain abnormality, not just a personality flaw, like they previously thought and I guess they won't need to change my meds.

I think I am in shock. Shock! They say it goes with bipolar disorder quite often, but oh dear. On my last day no less.

No comments:

Post a Comment