Monday, November 26, 2012

Still Here. Just Like Me.

I talked with the social worker. It seems that I'm still here. My medications are still being straightened out. The doctors need to keep an eye on them. This could take days, still. I have many more groups to go to to deal with my brain innards that can't be dealt with with pills.

Otherwise, I have a headache and I'm tired. I never got my nap. I have 2 1/2 hours until dinner. I've been reading again. My friend who got admitted when I did is waiting to be discharged. I will miss talking with him. But he has this blog address, so he can keep in touch. I'm getting a new roommate and my bathroom will be locked again, although right now there is no sign of her except her bed is freshly made.

Maybe a friend can come see me tonight. I feel spacey. I do feel more myself, but if I were at home, I'd just sleep all the time. I know I'm not totally my funny self. I'm a bit dazed and confused. My memory is quite effected. I like watching the staff walk by. Its like I'm invisible. That is, except when they want something from me. Then they just take my blood, give me pills, or take my blood pressure.

I talked with another bipolar 1 person. I'd seen him this whole time, but just started talking with him this afternoon. He said he'd been walking around in a daze and had to be here. We discussed the meds we've been on, and why we were admitted. It felt good to bond like that. My first roommate was bipolar 2, and though that's also bipolar, it just feels better somehow to bond with someone who is "just like" me.

No comments:

Post a Comment