Monday, December 11, 2023

Quitting Lunesta!

 I just couldn’t stand it anymore!  I was up till early this morning unable to sleep, afraid of what the Lunesta might do.  I gave up at 3:30 and took it and fell asleep before it kicked in- I think!  Crazy dreams ensued and I woke up at 11:30 a.m. feeling that falling into my own body feeling over and over again.  I got up and talked with my non-boyfriend for hours as usual.  I kept experiencing the sensation of starting the same moment in time over again from millisecond to millisecond though it SEEMED to be the normal progression of time it felt like I was stuck.  N3 picked me up and he and his gf and I went to Chili’s for a late lunch.  I didn’t dare drive myself.  While at the restaurant I felt that I was floating next to and along with my body which eased along as I walked to and from the bathroom.  I knew then that it was a good thing that I didn’t drive.  


I left a message for my case manager and then called the people who intervene between patients and their providers to get my side effect experiences to my Pdoc.  Soon after, I got a call from my case manager who said she’d gotten the message from Clinical Coverage that I’d called and said my Pdoc said to stop the Lunesta tonight for good and that she was putting me on Rozerem.  Just for seven days.  Apparently, it works with melatonin in your body.  Melatonin supplements have done nothing for me so I expect this will be the same but we’ll see.  Tonight, either way, will be long as I will be without any sleep aid at all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment