Saturday, December 23, 2023

I Refuse Perphenazine!

 Turns out Perphenazine has the same “urinary retention” side effect as Fluphenazine!  Why didn’t that psychiatrist at the hospital know this?  So I’ve decided to not take it.  I feel short-tempered.  It’s an antipsychotic not a mood stabilizer and I don’t feel psychotic- no hallucinations or delusions.

I’ve still got the catheter in.  I hope my primary doc will take it out on Tuesday when I see her.  I just can’t have it  any longer!  It’s only been a day and a half already and I’m already sick of it.  Meanwhile, nobody could get ahold of my psych nurse practitioner on Thursday and Bi didn’t hear from her yesterday.  

I think I’m just going to have to be unmedicated for a while.  It’s always a problem finding a med I can tolerate.    

No comments:

Post a Comment