Saturday, May 20, 2023

Mother’s Day & I found a recording of me doing a solo!

 Last night was our outing for (a belated) Mother’s Day.  My mom and Kevin and all three of my kids plus Jarrett - my middle daughter’s live-in boyfriend- and I were there.  We were going to eat at a Mexican place but they had an hour and forty-five minute wait so my mom secured a long table across the street at a pizza/bar type place.  Nobody got pizza actually: my mom and I got cavatappi mac ‘n cheese -my favorite- hers with bacon, mine with jalapeños.  Noah and I split a dessert: fried cookie dough in a fried roll cut in half diagonally with a scoop of vanilla ice cream drizzled with chocolate and caramel sauces.  I got cards- one of which had a $25 Starbucks gift card in it, which is good because after buying my contacts and eye exam last week, I’m broke (practically).  Next month will be tight, too, I’m predicting.  

I had a relaxing morning.  I listened to another professional recording that I did with the Grail Singers back around 2005.  It’s not as spectacular as the one when I was pregnant with Noah and I barely recognized a lot of the pieces but my name is printed on the CD insert so I must’ve sung for the recording!  Even better, I found a live concert CD of us and the third track is a Gregorian chant with a solo in the middle and darned it it isn’t me!  I don’t have a memory of singing that solo but that’s unmistakably my voice and my style of singing!  I also talked with Caleb this morning for about an hour and a half- not as long as sometimes but still a worthwhile conversation.  Just a few minutes ago I messaged him that I love him and he was happy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment