Friday, May 19, 2023

Reading a journal from age 17

 Been listening to a different CD of Libera while reading a journal from the second semester of my senior year in High School.  The details are wonderful- remembering all those things I only had an outline in my mind about all these years later.  Of course it reads like my writing, and my youthfulness comes through.  I’d like to read a few bits to Caleb- things we’ve talked about.  For that matter, I should Facebook message Todd the bits where I explain my confusion at his suddenly not wanting to be friends anymore.   (He suddenly quit talking with me during that time period.)  At age 29, during a long-distance phone call, he asked me if I were sitting down and that “This is going to make everything make sense…”.  Pause.  “I’m gay,” he revealed simply.  Yup!  I told him that it all made perfect sense- the never wanting to be “more than best friends”.  So, so many times during our four/five year friendship I wanted to kiss him but never got the courage up enough to actually go through with it.  At one point when we were at his family’s house, his dad said to him quietly, “You know, I think ‘J’ likes you for more than a friend.”  And this whole time, I just put it down to his being a late bloomer!

No comments:

Post a Comment