Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Rexulti II - Side Effects?

My appointment with my psych nurse practitioner was good. We discussed Fitbits- they track your exercise habits. I would get one were they not $125. (And had I not just spent more than that on a weighted blanket!) Seems like a utility bill to me. Apparently, my mood is good, which, considering what I've had to go through lately, I'm surprised about! Of course, we talked about Rexulti. She sang its praises and said it has fewer side effects and many benefits. We are weaning of Zyprexa very slowly, but that's okay because I think I have enough to do that. The Rexulti ended up costing insurance $1152.xx! Plus, now someone tells me you can have Medicaid and Medicare at the same time, so I need to go to the Social Security office and talk with them about that and about getting my cards. Then, I need to go back to DHS and see what's up with them telling me my Medicaid is cancelled because I have Medicare. After I realized that Social Security closed at 12:30, I went to the mall and waited for my friend, K, to call. He did, not long after I got there and we went to Panera and had lunch. Still no weighted blanket (or email from them) and still no check from the bipolar study, but I have this hunch that one or both of them will arrive on Friday while I'm out at Friday Lunch. Oh- I did take the first Rexulti pill around 12:45. No side effects yet, except I'm a little tired. Maybe the side effects will add up as the days go on, or maybe I won't have any at all! (Yay!)

No comments:

Post a Comment