Sunday, January 22, 2017

Rexulti Change Effects On a Long Day

Today I made a late start but made it to church/choir with my youngest. We had lunch with my ex between church service and when we are meeting to leave for another church to sing another service. Personally, I'd like to nap now but I can't. No time, no CPAP, no bed. My lunch wasn't exactly on my diet but I'll be good later. It was nice of my ex to buy us lunch.

Drowsiness sedation fatigue.... All listed as side effects of Rexulti. I just took my second increased dose of Rexulti about an hour ago and I feel so dozey. My choir is supposed to leave in 45 minutes for a gig. I'm not driving thank goodness! But still I just want to be in bed.

I pushed through the gig. Pdoc just increased the dose to deal with anxiety and guilt.

Sang gig. Was so disorganized. Missed half of one piece!! I couldn't find it!

I think I'm gonna explode! My daughter is at her boyfriend's and is ignoring me when I said I want to pick her up. My son is talking to my friend here and I want to leave and go to bed. I want to scream at everybody.

Omg my friend won't shut the hell up about politics!!

**********************

These are a few posts I made on a bulletin board today. I had to be up for church choir at the normal time, but we had an extra service at 4:30 about 45 minutes away at another church. Between the time that the service at our church ended and the time we had to leave, my ex husband and our youngest and I went out to eat. I took my second day of increased Rexulti. (Double the original dose.) About an hour later, I began to feel very drowsy and fatigued. Not just tired, but as if I were ill, without actually feeling sick. I pushed through and went to the service. However, I couldn't track very well. I wasn't sure what was coming next to sing most of the time and even one piece I couldn't find until we were half way through it! Then later in the evening, I became agitated at my daughter for not answering her phone (turns out she lost it; is that better?) and I became angry at my friend for not shutting up about politics. He just kept going on and on and on! That might be part of my problem: I'm tired. Makes one grumpy. Starting out tired from meds then going on a trip then doing a lot of work (singing) then more driving (even though I was a passenger) takes it out of you. That plus I visited with a friend for a bit after. The politics talk further exhausted me.

So I'm not going to call my "pdoc" about this because I prefer it to feeling guilty and anxious and I do so want to give Rexulti a chance. Feeling drowsy mentally and physically is an ok side effect to doubling a dose, I think. Maybe tomorrow, things will even out a bit, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment