Friday, October 30, 2020

Bipolar Update & End of October

 I just paid my second month of rent.  I paid October- my first month here- 10 days ago, as they weren't in a hurry for me to pay it for some reason; I had just paid the security deposit the day I moved in.  Today, I went out and got a money order and took it to the office and dropped it in the drop box.  I also checked the mail and I got my check for the bipolar study I've mentioned before!  Turns out that it's just about as much as my Visa bill will be!  (I got a Visa card- my first credit card in over 10 years.)  So, I'll pay it off no problem.  

The apartment is nice and cozy.  I've been watching AntennaTV- right now they are playing an early Bewitched episode. It's a channel that plays old shows- from the 60's, '70's, 80's.  I got a thermometer for the oven because I know it runs hot.  Next time I use it, I'll see what the thermometer reads.  It's been chilly in the evenings.  I had the thermostat set at 65, but I turned it up to 68.  That seemed to help.  I'm hoping that my bills will be less than they were at the old place- so far so good.  I need to find a good middle temperature- I don't like when the heat turns on all the time.  Plus, I take 10 minute showers- that's in the shower to dressed.  I did laundry yesterday and folded and put it away right away.  I'm keeping the place clean, too.  I swept and mopped and vacuumed about a week ago.  I also washed my CPAP mask and hose yesterday.  They are supposed to be fixing all the balconies next week.  I have two chairs and a table out there;  I guess they're going to have to come inside.  I hope they don't leave marks on this new carpet.  Good thing is, the people fixing the balconies are doing so from the outside only- they won't have to come inside the apartment!  That means no dirty shoes!

Let's see.  Bipolar wise, all is good.  I hope I can stay stable so I don't forget/get overwhelmed by the bills and the cleaning.  So far, so good.  In fact, I've been really good since I moved.  All the stress of moving itself and preparing to move is gone!  Yay!  That was one looooong month!  Every day, sorting and throwing stuff out and sorting and throwing stuff out and packing what I wanted to keep.  Then the actual moving day- that went so smoothly!  The moving guys we hired were so efficient and friendly.  Eventually, I got everything put away- after about a week.  And keeping the place clean keeps me even-keeled too.  

Well, my mother is coming to get me at some point today.  We are going shopping for yarn- something to crochet a blanket that matches my colorful lamp.  I also want those Christmas lights for my balcony!


No comments:

Post a Comment