Friday, May 3, 2019

"Demonizing" Psych Drugs?

Member of a bulletin board says I'm "demonizing psych drugs".  My reply:

Its not "demonization"- its just information that I personally find scary. I can't just keep letting the state of my body go down hill if I can help it at all. Im only 47. I don't want to die yet- especially by continuing to keep my head in the sand- and especially of obesity-related causes; I already have pre-diabetes as it is, plus non-alcoholic fatty liver disease... Add to that the risks of heart attack, liver failure, high blood pressure.... among others from obesity, which traces back to the meds in the first place. Its just not a fair trade. They say bipolar people die, on average, 15 years earlier than they would have without bipolar disorder. And yes, some of this isn't all from obesity but a direct result of certain antipsychotics. That's scary. What does one do? A serious question

No comments:

Post a Comment