Sunday, November 20, 2016

A Non-Bipolar Post

So let's see. I couldn't think of anything on-topic to post so I'm taking my psych nurse's suggestion to post something not about bipolar.

For one, I did move into a 2-story apartment this past February. Its been good. Keeping it pretty clean, though with two of my three kids here its not always easy. We still get section 8, which I had to reapply for recently, too. Speaking of, I just got more paperwork in the mail to fill out. Life is paperwork! (And they said we'd all be 100% digital by now.)

Tomorrow, my younger two kids have their yearly check-ups. They have talks about their health, sexual health (which I get sent out for), and vaccinations. My daughter still refuses to have the pertussis vaccine, as she had seizures and high-pitched screaming at her first dose at 2 months old. Of course, I don't want her to have it either. Usually, we go out to eat after, but my friend is driving us this year as my car is broken and not reliable to even drive a short distance to the doctor's. My youngest has a piano lesson after the appointment so we'll see if we can get him there on time. You never know if the doctor will be running behind.

ETA: We did get my youngest to piano on time. The doctor's visit lasted two hours total, but that was for both kids and just one doctor.

The car will get taken in to a new shop soon. The first one I took it to was unable to figure out what is wrong with it!

I went to parent-teacher conferences on Thursday. My daughter (17) had all A's and one B+ (89%!). My younger son (15) had one class where he wasn't doing very well at all. However, they had all nice things to say about him in general, including that he's doing calculus in math class instead of algebra; the teacher wants to get him into college classes for math. How he can be failing one class and advanced in another, I have no idea. That's just how he is!

I ran into my eldest (19) at Starbucks today. He was getting coffee for himself and his friends. We sat and talked about his jobs and school. He's gotten a second job at the same place and is working 60 hours a week. I think its holiday hours, but for a while he'll be getting some big paychecks! I didn't recognize him at first when he walked in. I thought, "That looks like N!" No wonder it did- it WAS him. He usually goes to bed around 6 p.m. as he has to go in to work at midnight. I am going to help him sign up for Medicaid, if the office is open on Friday. (Day after Thanksgiving.) He needs to see the doctor, too, but had to cancel his appointment for tomorrow. We will get it figured out.

I tried taking a nap earlier, but I just ended up tossing and turning. Figures that when I have a length of time where I can nap, I can't! ETA for Monday: I got a nap today, complete with crazy dreams!

My friend C and I need to have a visit. I haven't seen him him in months and months. We usually get together for a weekend during the winter. We get a hotel room and go see live comedy, go bowling, go to an outdoor hot tub place, go out to eat at a nice restaurant and more. We've even watched DVDs on his laptop computer in the hotel room. We talk on the phone nearly every day during the week. We get along so well. He says we shouldn't date because then we'd fight. Maybe so. But I'm still looking forward to January when I see him next. Oh yeah- he reads this blog. Hi! ;-)

A friend of mine -and a mutual friend of mine and the friend "C" above- who is the same age as I am (44) is just entering her third trimester with her fifth child! I can't believe it still, and I've known since she was about 7 weeks. I think she overdoes it sometimes, but it hasn't seemed to have had a negative effect on the pregnancy, so I'm happy for her. She's waiting to find out if its a boy or a girl. She already has some cloth diapers and clothes. All her clothes and diapers from her other kids are long gone, as the youngest is 17. I wish we lived closer. I'm just glad its not me. I had two high-risk pregnancies (first was textbook). After that, I didn't want to chance premature labor again, so I finally had my tubes "tied". (Actually, I had the Essure procedure done.) My next stop is peri-menopause, if I'm not there already. In another 10 years I should be there for sure, if not menopause.

My youngest son had a piano recital this afternoon. I couldn't go because of my car being out of commission, but I saw this video. (Video link doesn't work right now for some reason.) He plays this all the time at home, no wonder he was good at it! In fact, I'm usually telling him to stop playing it. (Because I'm usually on the computer two feet away from the piano. Oh well. You know I'll miss it when he's grown and gone!!)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this great article. Excellent information on your blog, thank you for taking the time to share with us.
    I’m really amazed with your posting skills as well as with the layout on your blog site.
    bipolar 4

    ReplyDelete