Monday, May 19, 2014

New Diagnosis On Hold?

My therapist and I were talking about my diagnosis today. I just saw my psychiatrist last week, too, and she didn't mention my diagnosis. It previously had been schizoaffective bipolar type since November last year. (This was given to me by my old psychiatrist/nurse practitioner.) Now, my chart says "Unspecified psychosis, rule out bipolar". Huh. That's even MORE of a head-scratcher! Its been there a while, apparently, but it seems like a transient diagnosis. When exactly will she rule it out? And if she does, will I have to change the name of my blog? Ha! Its just sitting there for now, making it seem like I have a psychosis NOS diagnosis. Bipolar 1 and schizoaffective aren't all that different, so it just is interesting to see my diagnosis change.

Whatever they I am reminded by a good friend that I am still me. That makes me happy.

In November 2013 I wrote another post on this topic with more details.

Here is an older post I put up about being schizoaffective: New Diagnosis, November 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment