Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Secondary Emotions

Today in DBT we learned about secondary emotions. That is, you get mad that you are mad, or sad that you are happy, or any number of other combinations. Usually, these tend to escalate both moods, it seems. I'll write more about it the more we talk about it. I have yet to do the homework. It doesn't seem to me, however, that these secondary emotions are good, for the most part. We usually get upset at having the first emotion, be it anxiety, anger, sadness, or any other. This seems to be a trigger of a snow-ball effect which is not good. Then again, if your secondary emotion is a positive one, then maybe not. I'll have to do more research. It just seemed to me that most of the examples given were negative ones. More later!

1 comment:

  1. Really very happy to say, your blog is very interesting to read. I never stop myself saying something about it. You’re doing a great job. Keep it up.
    https://blog.mindvalley.com/secondary-emotions/

    ReplyDelete