Monday, October 30, 2017

Lamictal / Lamotrigine

At my appointment a few days ago with my psych nurse practitioner we talked about going off Zyprexa for good. As of now, I'm down to 2.5 mg. But she wants to add something else after. First, she suggested Depakote, but that was my first "bipolar med" and I gained 60 pounds on it. The other idea- I've gone through trying many meds - was to try Lamictal. This was first suggested to me inpatient, but I was afraid of a rare complication where a rash gets so bad that your skin falls off. My "psych nurse" said you go really slow when you're titrating up on it, to avoid this. I'm not sure when this med change will happen as I'm not sure how long I'll be on this last dose of Zyprexa. (My file says I was already on Lamictal for a short time. I'm not sure why I went off if this is true.)

No comments:

Post a Comment