Monday, February 27, 2017

Voices in My Head

They are telling me to stab myself in the heart and in my chest. I'm not listening but it does show that my meds are messed up.

Friend asks if I'm safe and I reply: If it happens again I'll call PDocs nurse back I guess.

She replies: Good plan. Try distractions too

What are some distractions? Reading, tv, talking to a friend on the phone, singing... Definitely singing! Its not choir day today though. Oh well. I could at least listen to music. That would help a lot!

I listened to one of my favorite CDs - Peter Schrier- and I feel a lot better now. No more voices. I thought the music would take up the synapses that the voices were and it seems to have worked. I'm going to talk to my friend who is a therapist and who used to be a behavioral pharmacologist about this (including what I wrote about in "Pangs of Impending Disaster" about the "doom" feelings.)

No comments:

Post a Comment