Monday, February 13, 2017

Up Rexulti Down Zyprexa

Saw my psych nurse practitioner today. Told her about the menacing girl. She upped my Rexulti to 4 mg (max. dose) and decreased my zyprexa down from 10 mg to 7 1/2. I'm getting a script for 2 1/2 mg of zyprexa for the remainder of the time that I'm on it so I don't have to keep cutting pills in half and such. I just called the pharmacy: They don't have the Rexulti in stock so they'll get it in tomorrow. So that means I'll take the old dose today. (Edit: I found a left-over 1 mg tablet so I added it to a 3 mg tablet and voila! Four mg!) We talked about exercise and Fitbits. She said my weight and cholesterol should drop once Zyprexa is out of my system. Yippee! Let's hope they do. The scale at their office, by the way, says I weigh 7 pounds more than I do at home. Is that my clothes or what? (Do home scales have a built-in "niceness" margin of error?) I should be off the zyprexa in six weeks. Good riddance!

No comments:

Post a Comment