Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Physical Update

 Two days ago, I went to my doctor for my annual check up.  My doctor did a full work up including a blood work.  I've lost 20 pounds since last year's appointment.  I still need to lose more.  I'll have to go to the mall to walk this winter.  BUT, my weight is holding nicely since about June.  My (vitamin) B12 level is too high.  No wonder- the supplement I was taking has ten THOUSAND times the suggested daily amount of B12 in it! My A1C is 5.3 and they like it under 5.5 for a non-diabetic.  My kidney function is sub-par.  Don't know any more than that.  I don't know what you do about that.  I have three pills of the many that I'm taking that I need to discontinue: Vitamin E (which was for my liver) but my liver results were good!  Amlodipine- I need to stop, too.  I looked it up and it's for blood pressure.  My blood pressure had been very high, but now it's normal so I guess that's why she discontinued it.  I also am to stop Metformin because there is a recall because it can contain N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) which has been shown to cause cancer!  I need to repeat my blood pressure being taken and my labs in three weeks.  My liver levels were normal!  This all encourages me to continue losing weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment