Thursday, September 17, 2020

New Housing!

 I *am* losing my housing, but only because I signed paperwork saying that's what I wanted!

I filled out paperwork giving my old apartment complex thirty days notice that I was moving out. On August 28th, I applied online to a new apartment complex.  Mind you, I had been looking all over for a one-bedroom place that takes section 8 vouchers.  Couldn't find any!  So, I applied at this new place and was accepted!  Then, they had to send me paperwork to sign and tell me what my rent would be and my security deposit, etc.  Then I had to WAIT.  Wait for them to do their magic behind the scenes.  It got me very nervous.  I started to think that they weren't going to contact me again-  that they didn't want me to live there.  Very paranoid and very anxious!  BUT, they just contacted me today to ask if I could move in now instead of a bit less than 2 weeks from now.  I can't, of course; for one thing, the housing commission has to inspect the new place to make sure its up to code and their standards.  For another thing, I had to recertify for section 8 this month which happens every year, but it just happened to come along when I am trying to move, so I am waiting on that to go through.  The section 8 person said she wants to get the paperwork done before I move, so I hope she is quick with it.  I got the paperwork done in record time this year, just because of this- so she could get it all processed in time for my move.  So this is all a big weight off my shoulders that the new place called me today.  The woman at the new rental office said she would get in contact with the housing commission and work out the details, so I hope that goes smoothly.  I kind of wish I were ready to move in now, but I just am still mid-packing and of course the voucher, etc. that I mentioned above.  

My pdoc just called for a phone appointment.  She says it's nice that I'm stable right now and she called the owners of my complex the winner of the board game Monopoly.  They so seem that way- they own so many properties around here.  I wouldn't be surprised if they were the biggest housing complex owners in the area.  We mainly talked about moving and packing and me not living with my kids anymore.

In other news, when I move, I will need a new couch.  I was looking at Ikea but their stuff is just slightly too expensive.  Besides, I'm waiting to spend any money until I get the security deposit, and rent paid.

Brain-wise, I'm feeling okay.  Except for that anxiety the past two weeks thinking something bad was going to happen.  Thinking that the new complex would never contact me again.  But they DID and they wanted me to move in EARLY!  That was so nice of them to ask, but nope, no can do.  I feel like I am done packing and have a ton more to do all at the same time.  I am putting things in boxes and rearranging the boxes that have more stuff in them.  (The stuff fits- the box is just really heavy.)

So that's it.  Nothing going on except the relief today of anxiety over the last two weeks.  And packing every day.  The closets are empty and the dresser drawers are empty, the cupboards in the kitchen aren't empty but the stuff in them is organized so we are getting there.  

Maybe the next time I post, I will be all moved in and can post an update!  It will be such a relief.  My friend is coming to help me move and we are going to hang out for a bit too.  I haven't seen him in a year and a half- almost exactly!  Oh- and my mother hired movers to get the stuff up the stairs from the truck, so that is wonderful because when we moved my eldest child less than a month ago, it was very hard getting things up and around corners.  And my eldest and her girlfriend are in the same complex I am and also on the 3rd floor.  So yay for movers!  I look forward to unpacking everything and putting it in its spots/finding spots for everything.   So now I am looking forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment