Saturday, June 30, 2018

I have Akathisia

Its horrivble.  It makes you internally and externally restless.  It hurts!  I had it starting in the hospital.  I wanted to go on walks but of course they had to be supervised walks as i was a fall risk.

In bed at the hospital i was constantly moving my legs and arms.  At home I paced.  Round and round.  Then Id get sore and sit and pop back up again.  Inside I couldnt mentally rest either.  Nothing satisfied me.  Nothing held my attention.  And all of this happened at onceall day long every second.

1981) describes the sensation:[12]
...[It comes] from so deep inside you, you cannot locate the source of the pain … The muscles of your jawbone go berserk, so that you bite the inside of your mouth and your jaw locks and the pain throbs. … Your spinal column stiffens so that you can hardly move your head or your neck and sometimes your back bends like a bow and you cannot stand up. … You ache with restlessness, so you feel you have to walk, to pace. And then as soon as you start pacing, the opposite occurs to you; you must sit and rest. Back and forth, up and down you go … you cannot get relief …

No comments:

Post a Comment