Saturday, December 31, 2016

Bad News on a Good Day

As I type this, I'm listening to Pentatonix ; its a 5-member choral group sort of like The King's Singer's, but this group has a woman. I got the album for Christmas. I had no idea how popular they are! So that's my background music.

Happy music for some sad news. I had debated whether or not to post about this, but then I figured it does have a direct effect on my bipolar so I should. On Thursday, I got a piece of mail that said as of January 1st (tomorrow), my Medicaid is cancelled! That's right: No more health insurance. I have until Tuesday- the day the office opens again- to appeal this! At least, that's what I think the letter means. Tuesday, when I got the letter Thursday and they were closed on Friday and Monday. So, Tuesday, I'm going into the Department of Human Services to see what they have to say I have to do to appeal this. My case manager for my mental health care said I can still go to my appointment on the 4th. What I don't know is if I can still get the Rexulti at the pharmacy. I may be able to get samples for the time being. Or, I might just have to stick with the zyprexa for the time being. I did go to the pharmacy yesterday and refill 11 scripts! I'm glad I could get so many. I was afraid none would be up for renewal at this time. I haven't looked, but I hope one of those is zyprexa because that's the one the Rexulti is supposed to replace and if I have to go another month on zyprexa then so be it. In general, that's true- these meds give me another month. I wish I could get a 90-day supply each time I refilled, but my insurance doesn't do that.

So cross your fingers for me that I can get this figured out. Of the reasons they listed in the letter as reasons you can have for having Medicaid, I qualify for two. So I hope this is all just a big mistake and it can get sorted out sooner than later. But this also means no hospital visits- unless I want billed. The psych. doctor's office will just bill my insurance when it gets turned back on.

Now on to happier things. I'm off to celebrate New Year's Eve at my mom's house. Champagne and fancy cheeses and music!

No comments:

Post a Comment