Monday, September 9, 2019

Restraint and Seclusion

Never been restrained for psych purposes.  Been given morphine for pain and that kind of calmed me down.  Seen the rubber room once at the old psych ER - it had padded walls and a chair or two.  Not sure- I wasn't put in it.  Worst I did at the hospital was wandering in circles in the waiting room because I was bored.  The kept having to tell me to sit down and stay away from the door.  I was green banded- makes alarms go off if you go through the doors.  I was taken to the "back" once and put in a small room with an uncomfortable bed and the lights on.  The door had a square window near the top and cross-crossed metal wires going throughout.  The nurses station was right there.  I was so bored I just kept staring at them.  I was fed - a breakfast tray with a tiny box of Frosted Flakes.  I was in there for ages.  There were leather restraint straps on the bed, but I was never put in them. 

Another trip to a different hospital- they had a "commode" in my room and they had to have their eyes on me at all times. I had to "go number 2" in front of everyone in the middle of the room.  They weren't happy about that- and neither was I!  Eventually I was [trigger] so drugged from having taken 30 Benedryl at once, that I sort of passed out.  People were all around me but I was in and out of consciousness. [/trigger].  Ive also had people have to go with me to the bathroom and watch me so I didn't- I was a "fall risk".  No Haldol ever given as an injection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment