Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Song that is Me

So I'm a little ahead of schedule for all those who will be starting a new-year resolution to get a gym membership.

I actually have had a membership to the YMCA for many years. I played judo there. Unfortunately, I can't go to judo anymore because I'm on life-long therapy with the blood thinner Coumadin. Judo is a lot of throwing people and landing on people and wrestling. The potential to get hit in the face accidentally, landed on wrong, and thus internal bleeding, is very high.

So I figured it would be cheaper to get a membership at a place that just has treadmills and stationary bikes and circuit weight machines. I went today. Already I feel deliciously tired. That post-workout feeling when you've had your shower and are re-dressed and sleepy. They say its is good for bipolar because it helps with your mood as exercise elevates mood in a good way.

I also figure that if Topomax will eventually help curb my appetite, lifting weights and doing some cardio. can only help. Its also something to do and to keep me on a schedule of sorts. Schedules are "big" for bipolar people, whether they be jobs, working out, or appointments. A schedule to keep is a good thing.

I'm looking forward to the new recreation center. Don't get me wrong. I will miss judo. I already do. But its beyond my control. I can't go.

I'm looking forward to seeing how I feel over the next 2 or 3 months once I've been working out regularly and my new med has been on board with the older ones- all of these things working in harmony to make a happier song that is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment